Stellenausschreibung: Editorial Assistant für GeDIS
GeDIS (Gender/Diversity in Informatics Systems) team is looking for an editorial assistant!
We are interdisciplinary team working on participatory design, AI & machine learning, human-computer interaction, and science and technology studies, and we are looking for an editorial assistant to support us in our ongoing publication work and research activities.
The position is for 8 to 16 h/week (or more, depending on availability), starting immediately.
The main tasks include:
- Assisting with literature reviews, interview transcription
- Assisting with publication management for several ongoing edited book projects
- Management of our research blog 'Engines of Difference' on critical computing: drafting publication plans, following up on publications, generating new topic ideas
- Depending on availability, conducting interviews and contributing to the research blog directly
- Completed BA/BSc degree, preferably in the field of social sciences, informatics, media studies or related fields
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills in English, German is a plus
- Knowledge of or interest in computing, particularly critical, intersectional computing, participatory design, AI ethics, science and technology studies and related fields
- Documented editorial experience
We offer an international work environment and possibility to gain further editorial and writing experience in an academic environment. Distance work will be possible.