Online Bible Commentary
Teaching Research Project Online Bible Commentary (OBK)
The Online Bible Commentary (OBK) is published in cooperation with the German Bible Society Stuttgart as a joint project of Prof. Dr. Maria Häusl (TU Dresden), Prof. Dr. Paul-Gerhard Klumbies and Prof. Dr. Ilse Müllner (both University of Kassel).
The idea and the goal of the project - What do we want to achieve?
The aim of this ecumenical project is to connect university theology with religious education in schools and to give teachers the possibility to retrieve qualitative information on a scientific level, which they need for their lesson preparation. Therefore, students, teachers, and scholars co-author the OBK. In this respect, within the framework of university teaching, it offers motivated and qualified student teachers an incentive and the opportunity to publish written work online here. Specially tailored to the needs of schools and teaching, the online Bible commentary will provide edits to all Bible passages listed in German teaching curricula.
The OBK consists of three sections:
- exegetical commentaries on Bible passages in the German curricula
- specifically tailored lesson plans
- Receptions of biblical passages in art and culture
The specifics and features of this project - What is new about the online Bible commentary?
The online Bible commentary is characterized by the following features:
- free access
- availability of the contributions 24 hours a day by using a PC with internet capability
- Keeping the contributions up to date with the latest scientific knowledge through constant updating
- Creation of a correlation between exegesis and didactics
Benefits for students:
- Opening of a new impulse for the teaching studies
- Incentive for the publication of independent scientific work
- Benefiting from the practical experience of the participating teachers
- Introducing students to the practical work of teachers
Benefits for teachers:
- Availability of commentaries on biblical passages relevant to teaching at a scholarly level
- Access to contributions at the cutting edge of scholarship
- Quality assurance of the contents by supervising professors and editorial work in the responsibility of the editors
- Provision of lesson plans in accordance with the curricula of the subject religion
Status of the project - How far are we?
The OBK is freely accessible on the Bible Science Portal of the German Bible Society www.bibelwissenschaft.de. There you will find the contributions published so far.
Request for cooperation - What can you do?
In order to publish a series of contributions as quickly as possible, we ask for your help. The idea is that you offer courses on texts and topics from the area of the curricula and, as proof of achievement or as a course credit, either offer the direct possibility of publication in OBK or offer the authors of excellent seminar papers to transform this work into a publication in OBK. Format templates for writing papers can be found below.
If you are interested or have any questions about OBK, please contact:
Karla Wackerbarth or Prof. Klumbies
- Exegesis Template
- Lesson Outline Template
- Template for History of Reception