Continuing Education Program German as a Foreign and Second Language (WBSP)
This page contains automatically translated content.
This course teaches essential elements for successful foreign language instruction in German in three modules.
Module 1 Basic Module: Teaching and learning DaFZ
Learning and acquisition processes of foreign and second languages Methods of DaFZ teaching.
Module 2 Advanced Module: Didactics and Methodology of DaFZ Teaching
Deepening in the field of German as a foreign and second language regarding planning basics, teaching and learning procedures, grammar, vocabulary, linguistic skills, use of media as well as intercultural aspects.
Module 3 Practical Module: Teaching Practicum
Structure and sequencing of lessons, elementary teaching principles of learner- and activity-oriented teaching. Basis: observation in class, observation of specifically selected aspects of teaching and their critical reflection, principles and application of action research, implementation of own teaching experiments and preparation of a report on the teaching internship.
The postgraduate study program German as a Foreign and Second Language can be taken up for the winter semester. The application deadline is September 15.
Key data for the course
- Persons with university degrees in German studies or German
- Persons with a degree in modern philology or in another language-related subject.
- Applicants with other fields of study can be admitted with conditions, if they can prove teaching experience in the field of German as a foreign and/or second language of at least 500 teaching hours
- Proof of good German language skills (TestDaF level 4, DSH 2 or an equivalent examination - foreign students and native speakers are exempt from this requirement).
An application as provided for in the regulations § 2 will be submitted by all interested parties. Applications must be submitted by September 15 in order to be able to participate in courses in the following winter semester.
In attendance: 12 months
Extensions of the course duration are possible in justified cases and upon request.
The course concludes with a continuing education certificate from the University of Kassel.
After the change in the admission procedure for integration course teachers that took place on 01.09.2015, all academics with a DaFZ (university) certificate can obtain an admission as an integration course teacher.
The courses recognized by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees can be found at http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/DE/Downloads/Infothek/Integrationskurse/Lehrkraefte/liste-einschlaegig-anerk-hochschulzertifikate.pdf?__blob=publicationFile. All of these courses are considered equivalent to both the shortened and the un-shortened additional qualification and are therefore an alternative to it.
The fees amount to 1,800.00 euros. The amount can be paid in total before the start of the program or by agreement in two installments, each due at the beginning of the semester. Participants will receive an invoice from the University of Kassel with a request for payment. If the installments are not paid by the participant, the study program cannot be continued.
Since May 2016, the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees has been able to reimburse the participation costs for courses of this kind for the acquisition of a so-called relevantly recognized DaF/DaZ university certificate under certain circumstances, analogous to the additional qualification. More information on the reimbursement modalities can be found at https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/DE/Integration/Integrationskurse/Lehrkraefte/630-201-antrag-rueckerstattung-kosten-zusatzqualifizierung-daz-pdf.html.
After a consultation, the application for participation should be sent by mail or in person to the Department of German as a Foreign and Second Language.
- Letter of motivation
- Application form (can be printed out in the download area)
- Copy of university entrance certificate
- Certified copy of degree certificate
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form)
- Proof of good German language skills (TestDaF level 4, DSH 2 or an equivalent examination - foreign students and native speakers are exempt)
- If available: Proof of teaching experience in DaF or DaZ.