GPED student Madita Rabe has published a Working Paper on OPEC's price setting power.
GPE alumna Kathrin Birner's book on the working and living conditions of migrant workers in Germany: „Die modernen Wanderarbeiter*innen – Arbeitsmigrant*innen im Kampf um ihre Rechte“
GPED alumnus Steffen Haag also published an article on finance, renewable energy and colonialism. Read more
GPE alumnus Radmir Khajbakhteev published on an independent trade union in Uzbekistan: Recent workers’ victory reveals the rot in Uzbekistan’s public life
GPED alumnus Radmir Khajbakhteevhas published an essay on commodification and colonialism. Read more
GPE student Frederik Richthofen has published a book review in an academic journal.
GPE graduate Lukas Graf has become Professor at the Hertie School of Governance.
- GPE student Lásló Szerencsés has published a book review in an academic journal.
- GPE student Thiago Costa published his GPE term paper in a journal:Neither Free Trade nor Protection: A Critical Political Economy of Trade Theory and Practice
- GPE graduate Kostiantyn Ovsiannikov has published a peer reviewed article: Corporate Governance Reforms in Japan: Instilling the New Regime
- GPE Aluma Juliana Gomes Campos has published an article on Latin American Developmentalism in the 21st Century: An Analysis of the Governmental Industrial Policies of the Workers` Party in Brazil. Read more
- Student Stories: Sisira from Sri Lanka in Kassel.
- GPE graduate Artemisa Ljarja works for the Clean Clothes Campaign and contributed to their report.
- GPE student Laura Rama Iglesias has published a Book Review.
- GPE alumna Yuliana Griewald's new article on grain marketing in Russia.
- GPE student Alison Schultz has written a study on Trade and German Co-Determination which has received newspaper coverage.
- GPE graduate Artemisa Ljarja works for the Clean Clothes Campaign and contributed to the report Labour on a Shoestring.
- The MA GPE program joins forces with the department of Political Sciences of Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey to run the European Summer Institute from June 6 to July 15 - Details.
GPE student Laura Rama Iglesias has published a Review of: Gender, Work and Economy: Unpacking the Global Economy, by Heidi Gottfried as part of the January Edition 2016 of the Global Labour Journal.
- GPE students Anil Shah, Norma Tiedemann and Kosmas Kotas have published the new GPE working paper on Critical Perspectives on TTIP.
- GPE students Laura Rama Iglesias and Alison Schultz have published the new GPE working paper under the name “What kinds of challenges does a debtors' cartel face?”
- MA – GPE student completed an exchange semester abroad.
- During the winter semester of 2014/15, David Hoffman, a GPE student at the University of Kassel spent an exchange semester at the University of Massachusetts Boston. According to him, it was the most exciting time of his life as he was able to travel abroad and get to know more about the culture and politics of the US. Among others, this experience helped David to apply and complete an internship at the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung in Washington D.C.
- During his internship, David participated in the making of the publication “A Commentary on Turkey's Growth Strategy” together with Nancy Alexander.
For more information regarding this experience please read on this link.
- GPE student Fatos Hoxha published a paper “The return of the caravanserais: economic relations between Turkey and the Western Balkans” as part of his internship at the Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies.