Center for human-centered artificial intelligence (AI) in production work (ZuKiPro)
Starting situation and aim of the project
With the center of future, ZuKIPro is a practice-oriented format for consulting, qualification, testing and diffusion of digital technologies created. Participatory work and technology design shall enable small and medium-sized companies to better utilize the potential of digital technologies in work and business processes. ZuKIPro is intended to be a contact and transfer point for SMEs, sponsors, technology providers and social partners. Using a platform module, SMEs can get a mobile AI laboratory directly on the company premises and experience and try out prototypical AI applications and consider their applicability in their own company. Planned qualification offers, such as a learning and knowledge platform or massive open online courses (MOOCs), bring the topics of digitization and artificial intelligence to life for employees. Through these formats, the project enables companies and their employees to recognize and analyze the challenges in their own company, to initiate, design and implement learning and solution processes independently, and to evaluate the results.
The overarching goal of the project is to create low-threshold access to the topic of AI for SMEs. SMEs are supported in the participatory, co-creative introduction and human-centered design of AI systems. The future center provides SMEs with information and advice across modules and enables them to implement specific solutions. A total of three offices will be set up for this purpose: North Hesse (Kassel), Central Hesse (Frankfurt a. M.) and South Hesse (Darmstadt).
- Werkzeugmaschinenlabor WZL der RWTH Aachen – Lehrstuhl für Fertigungsmesstechnik und Qualitätsmanagement und Lehrstuhl für Technologie der Fertigungsverfahren
- Deutsches Forschungsinstitut für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) – Forschungsgruppe Smart Service Engineering
- Universität Kassel – Fachgebiete Wirtschaftsinformatik, Mensch-Maschine-Systemtechnik, Kommunikationstechnik (ComTec)
- Technische Universität Darmstadt – Institut für Arbeitswissenschaft
- Institut für Technologie und Arbeit e.V.
- IHK Kassel-Marburg und IHK Hessen-Innovativ
- Regionalmanagement Nordhessen GmbH