Supervisors for Master examinations
This page contains automatically translated content.
Resolution of the Boards of examiners of July 2nd,2007
In reference to §5 of the General Provisions of Examination Regulations at the University of Kassel following supplementary rules apply to the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences. Supervisors and examiners:
- Supervisors and examiners need to have a teaching assignment as well as their own lectures in the respective study programme.
- At least one of the supervisors/examiners of the Master thesis and the oral examinations must be a professor or a scientist qualified as a professor.
- In case two members of one department will be chosen as supervisors/examiners, both members must at least hold a PhD in order to make sure that there does not exist any dependency.
- The mentoring must be carried out by the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences. Professors or postdoctoral research fellows from other universities or public research institutions are allowed for mentoring of the final thesis as a second supervisor only (for non-public research institutions the Examination board should be consulted first). Originating costs are not refunded by the University of Kassel.
For the Master International Food Business and Consumer Studies following regulations are binding: The first supervisor is a member of the teaching body of either the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences of the University of Kassel or the Faculty of Nutritional, Food and Consumer Sciences of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences and a lecturer in the IFBC program. If the first supervisor is not a professor, the second supervisor has to be a professor. Other (external) professors or university graduates with a degree equivalent to at least a Master's degree may supervise a thesis as a second supervisor after approval by the examination board. Costs incurred will not be reimbursed.
The second supervisor may part-take at the final thesis examination via electronic transmission. This is not applicable to the examinee, who must be physically present.
- The Examination board decides on exceptions on application.
- At least one supervisor or one examiner of the project or final thesis and the final oral examination is a scientist with a doctorate.
- At least one supervisor or examiner of the thesis and the oral examination is a professor or a habilitated academic.
- The following applies to the Master's in International Food Business and Consumer Studies: The first supervisor is a lecturer from the Department of Organic Agricultural Sciences at the University of Kassel or the Department of Oecotrophology at Fulda University of Applied Sciences, who offer a separate course in the degree program. If the first supervisor is not a professor, the second supervisor must be a professor. Other professors or university graduates with a degree equivalent to at least a Master's degree may supervise a thesis as a second supervisor after approval by the examination board. Any costs incurred will not be reimbursed.
The board of examiners decides on exceptions upon request.