Master Sustainable International Agriculture
Cooperative Postgraduate Programme
The MSc Sustainable International Agriculture (SIA) is a joint degree program of two German Universities: The University of Kassel in Witzenhausen (Organic Agricultural Sciences) and the University of Göttingen (Agricultural Sciences).
All SIA modules are taught in English. The study programme is internationally oriented and offers three possibilities for specialisation:
- International Agribusiness and Rural Development Economics
- International Organic Agriculture
- Tropical Agriculture
Depending on the specialisation, the courses take place in Göttingen or at campus Witzenhausen. The application procedure and the examination administration of the program is organised by the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen. Further information on course contents, admission criteria and the application procedure can be found here:
The SIA study program contributes to the sustainable production of agricultural commodities and food security at specific locations and in an international context.SIA students will be enabled to:
- understand the ecological interactions of natural and agrarian systems in a global context,
- acquire up-to-date knowledge in natural and socio-economic sciences,
- obtain social and methodical skills,
- apply the acquired knowledge and skills in an international context concerning (organic) agriculture,
- in order to participate in the world-wide development of resource-efficient agricultural production.