This page contains automatically translated content.
M.Sc. Eike Rothauge
- Mönchebergstr. 7
- Ingenieurwissenschaften III, 3711
I am passionate about developing innovative concepts and solutions to make cities and regions more livable and environmentally friendly places.
After graduating with a diploma in urban and regional planning from the University of Kassel in 2012, I was able to gain valuable experience at the upper road authority of the state of Hesse (Hessen Mobil) in the field of transport infrastructure funding. There, I held management positions and was significantly involved in more than 300 municipal infrastructure projects, mainly dealing with the promotion of sustainable mobility development.
In parallel to my professional activities, I successfully completed my master's degree in urban and regional planning in 2021 with a focus on stock development and urban management. In the process, my master's thesis was honored as the best of the final year in the field of integrated transportation planning and mobility development.
During my studies, I intensively dealt with mobility development and was awarded the study prize of the Association of German Architects in 2019 for my tool "Puzzle your street space".
From 2021 to mid-2023, I held the position of head of the subject area of transport infrastructure funding for local mobility at Hessen Mobil. In addition, I started working as a research assistant in the field of cycling and local mobility with Prof. Dr. Francke at the University of Kassel in mid-2022. Since June 2023, I have now been devoting myself full-time to the subject area of cycling and local mobility.
In my teaching and research, I focus on the design of pedestrian and bicycle infrastructures and the promotion of sustainable local mobility.
- since 06/2022 Research Associate at the Department of Cycling and Urban Mobility, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Kassel, Germany
- 01/2021 - 05/2023 Head of department and deputy head of transport infrastructure promotion at Hessen Mobil Straßen- und Verkehrsmanagement.
- 10/2018 - 03/2021 M.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning, specialization: inventory development and urban management, University of Kassel
- 06/2015 - 12/2020 Team leader transport infrastructure promotion at Hessen Mobil Straßen- und Verkehrsmanagement
- 05/2013 - 05/2015 Transport infrastructure support officer at Hessen Mobil Road and Traffic Management
- 03/2012 Dipl.-Ing. Urban and Regional Planning, University of Kassel
- Design of bicycle and pedestrian traffic facilities
- Sustainable local mobility