Women's and Equal Opportunity Officer
The content on this page was translated automatically.
Equality, as a cross-sectional task of the University of Kassel, means equal access for women and men to all positions in research, teaching, services as well as to all study programs of the University of Kassel.
The Women's Representative of the University of Kassel supports the university in integrating equality into the instruments of university development and quality management as well as in implementing the legal equality mandate.
At the department level, the Women's Representative of the University of Kassel is supported by the respective Women's and Equal Opportunity Officers.
Tasks of the Women's and Equal Opportunities Officer
The departmental women's representatives and their deputies are elected in the departments in the women's plenary meeting for two years in each case and appointed by the respective dean. They carry out their activities during their period of service; there is no discharge from their duties.
Their tasks include:
- Representing the interests of women in teaching, research, studies and non-academic service areas,
- represent the central women's representative of the university in the department,
- support in the implementation of the equal opportunity mandate,
- advisory membership in the departmental council,
- advisory membership in appointment committees,
- advisory participation in hiring procedures,
- contact person for female employees.
Networking between women's and equal opportunity officers at the university:
- Increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented,
- Raising awareness of gender-based discrimination against women,
- Creating a gender-equitable climate.
Annette Schavan, former Federal Minister of Research
We cannot afford to do without outstandingly qualified female scientists. That is why we must offer them attractive prospects. Our science system can only remain competitive internationally if equal opportunities are also consistently implemented at universities.