Privacy Statement + GTCs
Information according to Article 13 GDPR regarding the data collection during the participation and execution of the "6th International Symposium on Ultra-High Performance Concrete and High Performance Building Materials for Sustainable Construction" organized by the department of structural concrete and the department of construction materials and construction chemistry of the University of Kassel.
Name and address of the Controller
University of Kassel
The data protection officer
University of Kassel
Contact details of the responsible departments and contact persons:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ekkehard Fehling
Prof. Dr. Bernhard Middendorf
Purposes of the processing
The processing of your personal data (title, name, addresses, institution, phone numbers, ...) is carried out for the preparation, execution and follow-up of the above-mentioned symposium at the University of Kassel.
Further processing purposes:
- Registration as participant and/or author for the purpose of event management and payment processing.
- Publication of conference contributions in the form of papers, presentations and/or posters with associated author information.
- Documentation of the symposium by taking photographs and the use of the photographs in scientific publications as well as on the website of the University of Kassel.
- Implementation of the offer of digital participation in the symposium through the Zoom video conferencing service, via audio and video stream.
- Use of contact information for future symposia.
- The meetings/conferences could be held worldwide. The scientific publications and the website of the University of Kassel can be read worldwide. Thus, your personal data may also be accessed in countries that do not have a level of data protection comparable to the EU.
Legal basis for the processing
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6 first subparagraph, point (b) and point (e) GDPR; § 3 Hessisches Hochschulgesetz and your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 UAbs.1 a) GDPR.
Categories of personal data processed:
- Contact data (organization/company, professional position, salutation, title, name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, ...).
- account data
- Photos, audio/video stream
Recipients or categories of recipients
Your personal data is or may be transferred to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
- University internal: Finance Department, Department of Structural Concrete, Department of Construction Materials and Construction Chemistry, Unipress (editor)
- Externally: Conference software ConfTool GmbH, Hochrad 58, 22605 Hamburg, Germany, payment service provider Paypal and Stripes
- fib-Journal (editor)
Further data protection declarations
The following data protection declarations apply to participation in the symposium:
- Conference software: ConfTool: www.conftool.net/hipermat2024/privacy.php
- Video conference service Zoom: explore.zoom.us/de/privacy/
Duration of storage of personal data/criteria for determining the duration.
After the internal closure of the symposium (maximum 6 months after the symposium), all personal data will be deleted, except:
- necessary data for contacting the next symposium (salutation, title, name, address of the institution, e-mail).
- photos taken during the symposium
This regulation does not apply if there is another relevant legal obligation to retain the data or consent from you that allows further use of the data.
No automated decision-making (including profiling)
Processing of your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making (including profiling) pursuant to Article 22 (1) GDPR does not take place.
Right of withdrawal in case of consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at any time vis-à-vis the named contact person, unless the data has already been anonymized. The legality of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected by this.
Photo or video recordings will be deleted in the event of a revocation and removed from the respective platform. If the recordings were available on the Internet, they will be removed insofar as this is subject to the disposal options of the initiator.
Exception: In the case of printed works, consent can no longer be revoked once the print order has been placed.
Your further rights
You can exercise the following rights at any time vis-à-vis the named contact person or our data protection officers:
- accessabout your data stored by us and its processing,
- rectification of inaccurate personal data,
- erasure of personal data concerning you, provided that the conditions for deletion are met,
- restriction of data processing, if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations,
- objection to the processing of your data by us.
Right of complaint
Finally, you have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority in the event of data protection-related problems.
Contact address of the supervisory authority of the University of Kassel:
The Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (HBDI).
P.O. Box 3163