Dr. Christian Schneijderberg
- International Center for Higher Education Research (INCHER)
University of Kassel
34109 Kassel, Germany
I am a empirical sociologist with the main areas of work in
- Higher Education and Science Studies,
- Sociology of Knowledge, especially focusing on sociology of conventions / orders of worth (Boltanski and Thévenot), and
- qualitative and quantitative as well as mixed methods (e.g., bibliometrics, content analysis, cross-country comparison, interviews and surveys)
As coordinator of research on "Innovation und Transfer" I am currently involved in the following cooperative research projects:
- "Academic Professions in Knowledge Societies" (principal investigator; duration 2016-2020).
- Institutional Reform of the University Eduardo Mondlane into a Research-led University (link to external website)
- “How bibliometric indicators in the world university rankings change academic activities focusing on academics’ publication and citation in Higher Education and Science Studies field” (since June 2019).
Since January 2020, I am associate editor of Studies in Higher Education.
I was asked to review manuscripts by European Journal of Higher Education, Higher Education, Higher Education Policy, International Journal of Management in Education, Organization Studies, Palgrave Communications, Science and Public Policy, Studies in Higher Education, “The Changing Academy – The Changing Academic Profession in International Comparative Perspective” (book), Zeitschrift für Evaluation and Zeitschrift für Hochschulentwicklung.