Quanten-Repeater Plattformen auf der Basis von Halbleitern (QuaHL-Rep)
This project is a national cooperative project supported by the German Ministry of Eduction and Research (BMBF) and is entitled "Quanten-Repeater Plattformen auf der Basis von Halbleitern" (QuaHL-Rep). The overall objective of the project is the development of material platforms that are suitable for the realization of the quantum repeater protocols to transmit secure quantum information over large distances. To fulfill the tasks of the QuaHL-Rep, thirteen groups were brought together to work on different approaches.
List of partners
- Experimental Physics 2, Technical University of Dortmund, (project coordinator)
- Institute of Physics, Humboldt University of Berlin
- Applied Solid State Physics, Ruhr University of Bochum
- Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Bremen
- Institute for Integrative Nanosciences (IIN), IFW Dresden
- Institute for Solid State Physics , Leibniz University of Hannover
- Institute of Nanostructure Technology and Analytics (INA), University of Kassel
- Department of Physics, University of Konstanz
- Walter Schottky Institute (WSI), TU München
- Department of Physics, University Paderborn
- Theory of Semiconductor Nanostructures, MPI Stuttgart
- Institute of Semiconductor Optics and Functional Interfaces, University of Stuttgart
- Technical Physics, University of Wuerzburg
INA group is dealing with development and implementation of 1.55 µm wavelength range InAs QD on InP materials and NV centers in nanocrystalline diamond (NCD) as material platforms for quantum repeaters.
The project is funded from November 2010 to October 2013.