Nanophysics II (SuSe)
Lecturer: Prof.Dr. Johann-Peter Reithmaier
Content of the lectures
The lectures consist of 3 SWh. The lectures are suitable for students from 8. or later semester of "Nanostructure Science Course" (required subject) and from 6. or later semester of "Physics Diploma" (elective course). Basic knowledge of Experimental Physics, Solid State Physics and Quantum mechanics are required.
The second part of the lectures (SS) continues the lectures form WS and discuss multiple examples the applications of nanostructures in different aspects
The next themen will be discussed:
- Introduction to the applications for the nanostructures
- Applications in the nanoelectronics
- single electron devices
- Josephson circuits
- quantum transport devices
- quantum computer
- applications of the carbon nanotubes
- molecular electronics
- single molecule transistor
- Application of the nanostructures in the new data storage devices
- magneto-optical data storage
- phase changing materials
- holographic methods
- organic data storage devices
- AFM-based method
- Nanostruktures in optoelectronics
- quantum dot laser
- quantum dots amplifier
- quantum cascade laser
- Micro laser
- Photonic wires
- single photonic source
Lecture and eximination dates
Tuesday, 8:30 - 10:00 room 3139
Thursday, 12:15 - 13:00 room 3139
The lecture will start from 13/04/2023 at 12:15 pm.
Attention: The lecture will start first from 18/04/2023 at 8:30 am.
On Wednesday, 25. October 2023 starting from 09:00 h.
Length of the oral examination is 60 minutes for every student.
Please register yourself for the examinations personally or by e-mail. Additional list is in the secretariat of the Technical Physics.