SFB-Workshop Marburg 2019 (June 24th - 25th, 2019)
Online registration form: LINK
Download full plan: LINK
Costs for the hotel (Welcome Hotel, Marburg), travel as well as the meals will be covered centrally by the SFB. Travel within Marburg must be paid individually (if necessary) and will get reimbursed later by means of the normal travel expense accounting through the SFB.
It is planned to keep this workshop in the same style as the workshop in Frankfurt last December.
The workshop in Marburg will start on Monday around 13:00 hrs and end on Tuesday around 15:00 hrs at the latest.
There will be NO bus transfer to Marburg this time.
The Kassel staff (students and employees) can go by train using their "Semester-Ticket" or "Landesticket" without any costs. The staff from Frankfurt and Hamburg have to travel individually nevertheless.
Furthermore you can choose to
- arrive at or before 2 pm for the opening session (meet and greet in front of the seminar room E273, 2nd floor)
- arrive around 1 pm for having lunch in the mensa (they will accept cash if you ask nicely, please bring enough small change with you)
Travel by car:
Parking is available in the multi-storey car park next to the Chemistry building.
Unfortunately most navigation systems do not find the Chemistry building yet, therefore the directions below:
When traveling via Gießen (south) take Bundesstraße 3 to Marburg and leave at exit Marburg Süd, follow the signs directing you to Uni.-Lahnberge, pass by Karl-von-Frisch-Straße / Botanischer Garten and turn right at “Anlieferung Chemie”.
When traveling via Kassel (north) take Bundesstraße 3 to Marburg and leave at exit Marburg Nord, follow the signs directing you to Uni.-Lahnberge, pass the roundabout and the Exit Conradinstraße, make a U-turn at the next possibility and turn right at “Anlieferung Chemie”.
Ring the bell at gate of the carpark.
Monday, 24th June 2019
|13:00||Arrival at Campus Lahnberge|
Meet and Greet (in front of E273, 2nd floor)
optional Lunch in the Mensa (self payed)
|14:00||Opening (Seminar room E273, 2nd floor)|
Young Researcher (E273 2nd floor)
General Member Assembly (PI-level) (E173, 1st floor)
Workshop (Seminar room E273, 2nd floor):
|18:30||Check-In at Welcome Hotel|
|19:00||Dinner at Welcome Hotel|
Tuesday, 25th June 2019
|10:00||SFB-Seminar (Seminar room E173, 1st floor): |
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Kuhl, Université de Nice – Sophia Antipolis
Title: Experimental microwave emulation of molecular spectra and transport through molecules based on the Hückel model"
|11:00||Poster Session (Seminar room E273, 2nd floor)|
|12:45||Concluding Remarks (Seminar room E273, 2nd floor)|
|13:00||Lunch in the Mensa (payed by the SFB via voucher)|
A poster session will take place on Tuesday after the lecture. Each project should present a poster (A0, portrait).
This time window should be used to communicate with your SFB colleagues and to further expand and consolidate your network within the SFB.
For the Hands on session you need a notebook with a charged battery, an eduroam-account and “ssh” installed on it.
If you cannot bring a laptop please contact us, as we can provide a limited number of laptops.
Buses in Marburg
- Main Station to Campus
- Bus 2 from Hauptbahnhof B6 to destination “Eisenacher Weg” or “Sonnenblick” leave at “Hans-Meerwein-Straße”
- Campus to Hotel
- Bus 2 from Hans-Meerwein-Straße 2 to destination “Cappel Cappeler Gleiche” leave at “Rudolphsplatz”
- Bus 7 from Hans-Meerwein-Straße 1 to destination “Hauptbahnhof” leave at “Rudolphsplatz”
- Bus 9 from Hans-Meerwein-Straße 1 to destination “Erlenring” leave at “Erlenring” and walk ca 5 min.
- Hotel to Campus
- Bus 2 from Rudolphsplatz B2 to destination “Eisenacher Weg” or “Sonnenblick” leave at “Hans-Meerwein-Straße”
- Bus 7 from Rudolphspaltz B1 to destination “Universitätsklinikum” leave at “Hans-Meerwein-Straße”
- Bus 9 from Erlenring B2 to destination “Universitätsklinikum” leave at “Hans-Meerwein-Straße”
- Campus to Main Station
- Bus 2 from Hans-Meerwein-Straße 2 to destination “Cappel Cappeler Gleiche” leave at “Hauptbahnhof”
For timetables see: https://www.rmv.de/c/en/start/
You can store your luggage in room D220 (2nd floor).
Marburg City & Hotel