+49(0) 561 804-7395
The ICDD is not accepting new applications for PhD positions with scholarship at the moment. However, it is possible to apply for an Associate PhD fellowship, including doctoral supervision and institutional affiliation with the ICDD and its Graduate School, but no scholarship. In case you are interested in this option, please visit here.
- ICDD PhD Toolbox
- Seminars and workshops on theory, methods, decent work, and development
- GLU Online courses
- Workshops on practical problems of the PhD process
- Weekly meetings for presenting and discussing research-in-progress
- Financial and organizational support for self-organized workshops / conferences
- Funding for fieldwork of PhD students and conference / workshop participation
- Grants for publication of PhD theses
- Support for publications
- Amount to more than 70 PhD and 13 postdoc fellows (since 2009)
- Come from more than 20 countries and all continents
- Constitute a nearly gender-balanced group
- Work mostly in academia, but also in policy research, inter- / national (N)GOs and consultancy after finishing the program
Hitherto no less than 37 candidates have acquired their PhD.
In line with the recommendations of the mid-term evaluation, the ICDD has started to broaden its networking activities and action arenas by granting postdoctoral fellowships to selected former alumni and external applicants.