Doctoral Seminar 2023
- The goal of this seminar is to familiarize researchers with NCA.
- The seminar is open for any researcher without or with limited knowledge of NCA and who wants to capture the idea of NCA in a relatively short time (1- 1½ hours).
- No preparation is needed.
- The goal of this workshop is to help researchers to conduct NCA.
- The workshop is open for any researcher with basic knowledge of NCA. This knowledge can gained by having attended an introduction seminar/webinar on NCA, or by reading/exploring one of NCA’s core publications (see below). The duration of the workshop is about 4 hours.
- We suggest the following preparation:
- Dul, J. (2020) Conducting Necessary Condition Analysis. Mastering Business Research Methods series, London: Sage Publications
- Preparation of a short assignment and a presentation.
- There will be a scheduled working session before the workshop that can be used for preparation.
- The goal of this advice is to help individual or a small group of researchers with the application of NCA in their specific research project. It focuses on “how to” questions like how to best formulate the specific hypothesis, how to analyse the specific data set, how to interpret the results, how to publish with NCA, etc.
- The advice is available for any researcher who has started using NCA. The duration of the advice is flexible.
- Preparation: As a minimum the NCA software and the dataset must be available and accessible on the researcher’s computer, and the researcher must prepare specific questions.
We ask you to register by October 31, 2023.
Please register by email to Sophia Meywirth with the following information:
Name, Position and Chair, Interest in Seminar, Interest in Workshop, Interest in Advice.