Process Heat Topics
As the process heat group of the Solar and Systems Engineering department, we conduct research on the many possibilities related to energy efficiency and low-CO2 heat supply in industry and commerce.
Within the scope of research projects, we develop concepts for energy saving as well as for the intelligent integration of solar thermal energy, heat pumps and CHP units in cooperation with industrial partners in order to support companies on their way to decarbonization.
We are permanently looking for motivated students who have a great interest in our topics and the ability to work independently.
What we offer
Exciting tasks from ongoing research projects that advance us and you and whose results do not end up in a drawer. Early involvement in the field is often the ideal start for later work in research.
You can find current research topics at www.uni-kassel.de/go/PW.
- Support with case studies in companies
- Data analysis with Excel or Python
- Simulation studies in TRNSYS or Polysun for the coupling of solar thermal energy, heat pumps, CHPs
- Evaluation of load profiles with statistical methods
- Analysis of heat supply structures of large industrial complexes
- Evaluation and visualization of simulation results
- Support of research work
- Basic technical understanding
- independent working style
- interest in complex problems
- Knowledge of simulation programs (desirable)
- Knowledge of programming languages, especially Python (desirable)
By arrangement, between 10 and 40 hours per month
(This site was translated by deepl)