Course: Materials under Complex Loading Conditions
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. T. Niendorf
- Knowledge: Students will learn the relevant elementary processes that characterize material properties at high temperatures, under cyclic loading and under complex thermo-mechanical loading. They will also be familiar with all the techniques being used to enhance mechanical properties of components subjected to corresponding complex loads.
- Skills: Students will learn to assess stress conditions and derive measures for strength increase, boundary layer optimization as well as corrosion prevention.
- Competencies: The students are able to assess components with regard to their load-bearing capacity. They will also learn to design the components for advanced applications.. In addition, the students will gain the knowledge for a suitable material selection.
- Assessment and quantification of complex thermo-mechanical load-time histories as well as environmental conditions
- Elementary mechanisms of deformation
- Performance of tests under thermo-mechanical load
- Material selection under given loading conditions
- Surface modification
- Damage and failure mechanisms
Information and documentation
- All information and documents will be published this semester via Moodle (https://moodle.uni-kassel.de). Students who have registered in HIS by April 3, 2022 will receive the registration key for this course by mail on April 4, 2022.