Course: Modern Steels
- Dr.-Ing. H.-G. Lambers
- Dr.-Ing. M. Holzweißig
- The lecture aims to introduce the students to the wide field of modern steels and their production. Upon completion of the lecture, students will be able to select a suitable steel for a specific industrial requirement profile. To this end, starting from the basic mechanisms of metallic materials, the production and processing of steels will be discussed. Different steel grades - conventional as well as recent ones - will be introduced to the students.
- Fundamentals of steel development
- Steel production
- Steel casting
- Rolling and thermomechanical treatment
- Processing and heat treatment
- Unalloyed and microalloyed deep drawing steels
- High alloy steels
- Corrosion resistant steels
- High manganese steels
Information and documentation
- All information and documents will be published this semester via Moodle (https://moodle.uni-kassel.de). Students who have registered in HIS by April 3, 2022 will receive the registration key for this course by mail on April 4, 2022.