Deal­ing with the co­ro­na­vi­rus

In­­­for­m­a­­ti­on for vis­it­ing aca­de­mic

For Persons coming from outside the Schengen countries there may be travel restrictions, please consult the website of the Federal Foreign Office.

If you come from a region with more than 50 Covid19 infections in the last 7 days per 100 000 citizens you must hold strictly quarantine upon arrival, see the regions listed by RKI (scroll down do "English archive"). You must write then an e-mail to: info-gesundheitsamt[at]kassel[dot]de or just in case Witzenhausen (stadtverwaltung[at]witzenhausen[dot]de) giving the following information:

  • Name and birthday (if so, of all family members coming with you)
  • addres in Kassel
  • e-mail adress
  • phone number
  • day of arrival and flight number and if so when and where your flight had a stop in a third country.

Furthermore you shall describe your risk: if you or your family members have symptoms and if so which ones, also mention if you have had contact during your trip with obviously ill persons.

This information must be given actively by your side without further invitation to give it. It can be in English.

If you come from outside the European Union resp. Schengen room by airplane the data will be already collected in the airplane and will be forwarded to the local health office.

A negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, not older than 48 hours, made out by a certified laboratory (e.g. accreditation to ISO 15189, ISO/IEC 17025 or of a recognized WHO-COVID-19-laboratory, can avoid the quarantine.

This has to be checked on an individual basis. Unfortunately, a general answer cannot be given here. However, the International office tries to support you in the best possible way to find a satisfactory solution together with the hosting departments and your supervisor. Please also involve your home university and your scholarship provider.

The validity of the visa is stated in the document. It does not affect the validity if you do not enter Germany at the beginning of the validity period. If you want to postpone your stay at the University of Kassel you have to apply again for a visa before entering Germany.

Please discuss with the landlord/landlady in direct contact if he/she renounces the general situation given.


The office on campus has closed. Check your e-mails for information or ask on the phone no. 115 (Kassel city offices) or find the electronic contact form here.


Please use the contact form or the general phone number for all Kassel offices: 115 . You can make your appointment via this phone number.

See also the information of the EURAXESS network.