Doctoral candidate at the University of Kassel who are at the start of their doctoral studies and have submitted an application for acceptance as doctoral candidates to the doctoral committee.
The scholarship is endowed with 1,200 euros per month. A subsidy in the amount of 200 euros per month for childcare is possible.
The scholarship is granted for two years. A third year is possible upon application and with the support of the supervising professor. The funding period usually starts on 1/04 for applications in November and on 01/10 for applications in April.
The doctoral scholarship committee decides on the awarding of scholarships according to the criteria of the doctorate proposal's academic quality and prospects of success. Its members include the responsible vice president, at least three professors, one academic staff member and one representative of the currently funded scholarship holders.
The application should be sent in electronic form by email to: stipendium[at]uni-kassel[dot]de. The following documents in German or English must be submitted in the order listed as a single PDF file:
- The registration form available online at http://www.uni-kassel.de/go/promotionsstipendien-formular,
- A brief cover letter (max. one page)
- A generally comprehensible summary of the dissertation project (max. one page)
- The exposé (total max. eight pages; the exposé addresses the points of the research status and, if applicable, the applicant's own preliminary work, objectives and research topic, method, expected academic contribution, work plan and schedule within the planned funding period)
- A CV in tabular form
- The university transcripts
- Certificate of acceptance as a doctoral student at the University of Kassel (this can be submitted later if at least the confirmation of receipt from the Doctoral Office with respect to the submission of the application for acceptance is attached to the application).
An assessment by the supervisor and an independent further assessment are requested from the dean's office of the relevant department by the Doctoral Scholarship Committee.
Please note the following regulations for awarding scholarships. They contain all of the basic conditions and details on the doctoral scholarships.
The closing date for applications is
15 April 2022