Postdoc UNIKAT-Fellowship funded by the B. Braun Melsungen AG
The University of Kassel periodically announces a Postdoc UNIKAT Fellowship sponsored by the B. Braun Melsungen AG for outstanding applied research at the University of Kassel for the further development of research findings. The Postdoc UNIKAT Fellowship provides the opportunity to develop new types of societal applications based on the postdoc's own research findings. This can be technical, social, ecological or even cultural innovations that are transferred into innovative concepts for products, services, organisations or business, for example. The results should be the basis for start-ups, marketing activities or cooperations with companies or organisations.
Postdoctoral researchers at the University of Kassel who have completed their doctorate no more than 24 months ago, as well as doctoral candidates who have submitted their dissertations to the doctoral office or the responsible doctoral committee. At the time of starting the position on 1 April, the dissertation must already have been defended and the oral examination passed.
The Postdoc UNIKAT Fellowship includes a full-time position EG 13 TV-H for the time period of twelve months, as well as material resources in the one-time amount of 5,000 euros. The position is to be filled starting on 01/04 of a year.
A board of trustees with representatives of the faculty, the Universitätsgesellschaft e.V. (University Society) and the B. Braun Melsungen AG decide on the awarding of the fellowship according to its quality and prospects of success. This board of trustees will acquire external assessments from the practice to support its decision.
The application should be sent in electronic form by email. The digital documents should be sent as a single PDF file (1 file!) by email to: bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel[dot]de. The nomination in German or English includes the following documents:
- The online registration form at http://www.uni-kassel.de/go/obf-formular-fellowship
- A brief letter of motivation with career plans and perspectives (max. one page)
- A generally comprehensible summary of the project (max. one page)
- A project outline including work plan and schedule (total of max. eight pages), which –- in addition to the necessary information on the further development of the applicant's own research results – also includes the application and social relevance (e.g. economic, social or cultural); furthermore, it should include perspectives for its sustainable application and at least one page should describe the business model (for more information, please refer to the UNIKAT start-up consultation)
- A letter of recommendation from a professor at the University of Kassel (mentor) with the commitment of supervision and support, which includes a promise to use the infrastructure of the department required to carry out the project (assuming intensive supervision of the work if the UNIKAT fellowship is approved and confirmed by the letter of support from mentor)
- A CV in tabular form
- The university transcripts and, if applicable, the doctoral certificate
- For persons who have not yet received their doctorate: The certificate of submission of the doctoral dissertation to the responsible doctoral committee
With the receipt of the funding, the fellows commit to submitting the current status of the work and/or its results to the B. Braun Melsungen AG upon conclusion of the funding period, as well as participating in the public relations work for the Otto Braun Fund.
Agreement between the B. Braun Melsungen AG and the University of Kassel for the promotion of the academic and artistic young talent at the University of Kassel in the form of the Otto Braun Fund starting on 10 July 2019.
Currently no open call
Currently no open call