With an Exchange Program (Erasmus+ and Partner-University)
If your university is partnered with the University of Kassel, you can apply for an exchange program back home.
- Your home university must be partnered with the University of Kassel and you must be selected by your home institution for the exchange program.
- Step 1: Apply at your home university for the exchange studies at the University of Kassel. Requirements and application procedures are determined at your home institution.
- Step 2: After a successful application for the exchange program at your home university, your home university will nominate you to the University of Kassel.
- Step 3: After being nominated you will receive an email from the University of Kassel in which the further steps of the application and registration process are described. For an exchange in the summer semester you will receive the email from mid-November, for the winter semester from mid-May.
- Step 4: After having received the Email, please complete the online application. Please note:
- If you would like to study Fine Art, Visual Communication, or Visual Arts, add a portfolio, letter of motivation, and resume to the online application form.
- If you would like to study "Architecture" or "Urban and Landscape Planning", add a portfolio, a learning agreement and a proof of German or English language proficiency (Link) to the online application form.
- Step 5: After applying / registering you will receive a binding answer for on your exchange application at the University of Kassel and all further information for a successful exchange study at the University of Kassel.
You are now admitted to the University of Kassel for an exchange program and should prepare your stay:
- Planning your studies: All information about the course selection, the Learning Agreement (Erasmus students), the German pre-semster course and contact information at the University of Kassel can be found here.
- Planning your stay: You will find all information under this link .
- Semester Contribution: At the University of Kassel you have to pay a semester contribution (you will receive more information by e-mail). These are not tuition fees. With payment of the semester contribution you will receive various benefits:
- Semester ticket for public transport
- Discounted meals in the cafeterias of the university
- Campus Bicycles
- Other benefits & discounts
Welcome to the University of Kassel. We hope that you will have a great stay with us. Important information:
- Enrollment / Registration: For your enrollment, please come to the International Office of the University of Kassel. You must have the following documents with you:
- Proof of health insurance
- Confirmation that you have paid the semester fee
- Letter of Arrival: We will sign your Letter of Arrival in the International Office (contact: Marlis Fellmann)
- Check the Website of the Welcome Centre.
- Orientation programme
Of course, we also advise and support you during your stay in any professional and organizational matter. All questions and important information can be found at:
- Check the Website of the Welcome Centre
- Changes in the Learning Agreement: If you have decided at the beginning of the semester to change courses, please enter the changes in the "Changes to Original Learning Agreement" and complete them by May 30 (for the summer semester) or November 30 (for the winter semester) after consultation with your Departmental Coordinator. As a rule, course changes do not cause any problems. Nevertheless, you should consult with your home university.