Without an Exchange Program (Freemover)

We also welcome students who wish to study at the University of Kassel for one or two semesters without an exchange program. Here some information on how to proceed in this case:

Step 1: You will have to find a professor who is willing to academically supervise you during your stay at the University of Kassel. For this please check the website about the faculties and departments and decide which one you would like to study at and which one fits your studies so far: Fac­ulties, fa­cil­it­ies and ser­vices

Step 2: I will need a written confirmation (letter or email) from the professor that s/he is going to supervise you.

Step 3: You have to apply as an exchange student. Information about this procedure you will receive after I have received the confirmation from the professor.

The deadlines for the application are as follows:
Summer Semester (April until September): January 15th
Winter Semester (October until March): July 15th

Please note: Most courses at the University of Kassel are taught in German. Depending on the department there are also courses taught in English.

If you are interested in coming to the University of Kassel as a freemover, please contact the International Office of the University of Kassel: Ketevan Arabuli