Course Se­lec­tion

Information about courses at the University of Kassel can be found on the Internet. The course catalogue for the winter semester will be updated on the 1st of September and for the summer semester on the 1st of March. If you are required to choose a course before these dates, you can select a course from the previous year's catalogue. You can find these in the archive of course catalogues.

The following steps will help you in your course selection:

  1. Go to the following Webpage: Portal (
  2. Select the menu option "Veranstaltungsverzeichnis".
  3. Then select the following link "Vorlesungsverzeichnis".
  4. Then select the Department which you would like to study in.
  5. Search for the course you would like to enrol for. Please take note of the course descriptions, which are shown by clicking on the course.
  6. Students from partner universities please enter your course selection in the e-mobility Portal.

If you would like to enrol for a course that is taught in English please follow the next steps:

  1. Go to the following webpage Portal (
  2. Then click on the menu option "Veranstaltungen".
  3. Then click on "Suche nach Veranstaltungen".
  4. In the Field "Einrichtung“, select the department you would like to study in, then click on "Auswahl übernehmen (alle Zweige)".
  5. Select the language of the course under "Unterrichtssprache" (englisch).
  6. Select the course that you would like to enrol for.
  7. Students from partner universities please enter your course selection in the e-mobility Portal.

At the end of your exchange study you will receive a Transcript of Records.

You will receive ECTS points for every course and seminar you complete at the University of Kassel. ECTS points indicate the scope of work associated with each course. Depending on the type of classes you choose the course requirements will differ (i.e. exams, homework, presentations, etc). In order to receive your ECTS points you will have to successfully complete the set course requirements. Usually, students are to achieve 30 ECTS points per semester. Please contact your home university to sort out any problems concerning the number of ECTS points you are required to attain.

LLP-ERASMUS students are required to fill out a Learning Agreement form at their home university. The Learning Agreement is a list of the modules (seminars, lectures, etc) which you would like to attend at the University of Kassel.

  1. You can get this form from the coordinator at your home university.
  2. In the form, fill out the modules which you would like to study at the University of Kassel.
  3. The completed form must be signed by the ERASMUS coordinators of your home University.
    • Departmental Coordinator (of your department)
    • Institutional Coordinator
      (in most cases a staff member of the International Office)

Send the original completed form by post to the University of Kassel. There it must be signed by the ERASMUS coordinators, too:

Marlis Fellmann

Anschrift Universität Kassel
International Office
Moritzstr. 18 (2. OG)
34127 Kassel
Gebäude: Campus Centre

  • Raum: 2128
  • Telefon: +49 561 804 3075
  • Telefax: +49 561 804 3513
  • E-Mail-Adresse:

We will forward the documents to the Departmental Coordinator who is responsible for your application. Who is in charge depends on your field of study and country of origin.

Afterwards, we will send the signed Learning Agreement back to your home address. Please make sure that your address is correctly stated on the documents. The Learning Agreement can also be sent back to your home university by e-mail or fax. Please notify us of the fax number or e-mail address of the person responsible at your home university.

If you have questions concerning the completion of your Learning Agreement please contact the Erasmus coordinators at your home university.

    If at the beginning of the semster you have decided to change your course choices, please state the changes in the document labelled "Changes to Original Learning Agreement". Submit it to your Departmental Coordinator for approval by the 30th of May (summer semester) or the 30th of November (winter semester). Once approved, please update your course information on your Online Course List. Typically, course changes do not lead to problems, nevertheless you should inform your home university about course changes.

    In many study programmes it is mandatory to do an internship. If you are interested in doing an internship in Kassel, Witzenhausen or at the University of Kassel during your stay in Germany, please inform yourself as early as possible about opportunities and vacancies. It is advisable to start your search at least as early as six months in advance. You can look for companies in and around Kassel on the internet, or contact professors working in the faculty you are interested in. Please pay attention to the requirements stated in the job advertisement. For example, many companies demand a good command of the German language as a prerequisite. The University of Kassel cannot place you in an internship, but we can facilitate organising your stay, help you with specific questions and support you in developing your application documents.