En­rol­ment for international stu­dents

Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, teacher training and exchange students have to officially enrol as students at the University of Kassel. PhD applicants and PhD candidates have the opportunity to register as exchange students.

Documents for the enrolment:

  • Application form (not for exchange students)
  • Payment of semester fees
  • Proof of health insurance

Enrolment is conducted differently for different types of courses. Please select yours:

Enrolment for exchange students takes place in September for the winter semester and in March for the summer semester. You will receive further information after you have received your admission to the exchange programme and the invitation to the orientation phase.


Marlis Fellmann

Advising international exchange students

Universität Kassel
International Office
Moritzstr. 18 (2. OG), Room 2128
34127 Kassel
Building: Campus Center

Telefon +49 561 804 3075
Telefax +49 561 804 3513
E-Mail-Adresse marlisfellmann[at]uni-kassel[dot]de

Office hours:
Dienstag, 13 - 15 Uhr
Donnerstag, 13 - 15 Uhr

Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment:

  • Open the website eCampus https://ecampus.uni-kassel.de/ , change you an English version on the lower right hand side
  • Register yourself on eCampus with your user name. Your username is your e-mail address-
  • Prior to your first login you need to reset your password: www.uni-kassel.de/go/pw-reset
  • Click on ”My Studies” and than on “Online application”
  • Fill in the form „Request For Enrollment“, upload a photo and enter information on your health insurance.
  • Print out the form „Request For Enrollment“ twice (here one copy is for you).
  • Please sign a printed-out version of the form.
  • Inform yourself about how to hand in your proof of health insurance at http://www.uni-kassel.de/go/versicherung
  • Please send your form „Request For Enrollment“, an authenticated copy of your bachelor´s certificate, an authenticated copy of your Transcript of Records and a copy of some form of proof of identity (such as your ID or passport) via postale delivery service to the Studierendensekretariat. You will find the address on the form.
  • Please transfer the semester fee in time.
  • In case you are transfering the semester fee from abroad, please be aware of processing fees.
  • You will receive your CampusCard after you paid the semester fee, all required documents are received by the University of Kassel and you show proof of a German postale address.
  • You will receive your Uni account.
  • Take part in/ Join the introductory week for international students. For further information:www.uni-kassel.de/go/oweek.
  • Visit the introductory courses in the first week of the semester (before regular courses start) and inform yourself about study schedules.


If you are interested in a doctoral programme and would like to prepare for it at the University of Kassel and attend courses, you can register as an exchange student for a maximum of 2 semesters.

The following documents are required for enrolment:

  • Application form
  • Copy of the passport
  • Confirmation by the supervising professor at the University of Kassel
    (de: "Betreuungszusage")


Please send it to the following address:

Universität Kassel
International Office
to Ms. Marlis Fellmann
Mönchebergstr. 19
34109 Kassel

Application deadlines

  • Application deadline for the summer semester: 15 January 
  • Application deadline for the winter semester: 15 July

Once the application period is over, you will be admitted to the exchange study course.

Enrolment for an exchange study course takes place after your arrival in Kassel. Please go to the Welcome Centre (Campus Center, Moritzstrasse 18, Room 2128a) immediately after arriving. You will receive all the information and documents necessary for enrolment there.

You are free to register as a student during your stay at the University of Kassel. If you decide to enrol, you can do so at the Admissions Office. You will receive all necessary documents and information about the semester fees and enrollment there.