Procedure for re-registering
Students, who are enrolled at the University of Kassel and wish to continue their studies during the coming semester, must re-register. This re-registration procedure takes place within a re-registration period. Receipt of the semester fees at the University of Kassel acts as the formal declaration of re-registration. Re-registration is automatically completed by paying the semester fees. It is even possible to re-register late within an extended period by paying the late fee (EUR 30). Once the money has been received, the students are sent documents within 14 days. The re-registration process has then been completed.
- You have already been informed about the re-registration deadline on the “enrolment data” sheet that you were sent with your student passes.
- All students, who have activated a user account at the IT Service Centre (ITS) and access their incoming mail via their personal university e-mail address – “…@student.uni-kassel.de”, also receive an information mail.
If you have not yet activated your user account and your associated university e-mail address, you can make up for this by using the following link from the ITS:
2. Semester fees
You can obtain more general information about the makeup of the semester fees at the Semester fees site.
If you paid too much during the previous semester, your student account may still have a credit balance. If this is the case, you only need to transfer the difference between the full semester fees and your credit balance from the last semester.
3. Bank transfer
Please transfer the semester fees to the University of Kassel’s account at Kasseler Sparkasse, quoting the following transfer details:
- Please enter your student registration number in the “reason for payment” box.
- Please enter your name in the “further reason for payment” box.
Please note that additional fees are incurred if you are transferring funds from abroad. Please ask your bank about these and factor them in when transferring the fees.
If you use a banking app on your smartphone, you can use it to scan this barcode. The recipient, IBAN and amount will then be filled in automatically. Nevertheless, please make sure to include your matriculation number and your name in the intended purpose.
4. Delayed re-registration and obstructions
Causes for delayed re-registration
- You have ordered the transfer of the semester fee after 01.09.2021
- The receipt of payment is on time but incomplete.
The re-registration is only possible within the grace period. The grace period begins on 02.09.2021 and ends on 20.09.2021.
In case of re-registration within the grace period, however, an additional fee of € 30 will be charged. This reminder fee can be transferred together with the semester fee. If you have already transferred the entire semester fee, you only pay the reminder fee (account details and transfer form see above).
A re-registration cannot be carried out if there is an obstacle (e.g. no new health insurance notified, registration requirement not fulfilled yet).