This page contains automatically translated content.

Close up ball pen and pad

You normally need a visa and a residence permit to enter Germany. You will find information about visa applications and entry requirements in this section of our website.

As soon as you receive the admission letter from the University of Kassel, you will be able to apply for a visa from the German embassy or consulate in your home country or country of residence. The addresses of German embassies and consulates and information regarding entry requirements can be found on the website of the German Foreign Office. You will also find information on the specific requirements for obtaining a visa on a country-by-country basis there.

Nationals from EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland generally do not need a visa to enter Germany; a passport is sufficient.

You need a visa to enter Germany. You should apply for a visa as early as possible. This can be done at the German embassy or consulate in your home country or country of residence. If your spouse or child(ren) are joining you during your stay in Germany, we recommend that you apply for their visas at the same time, even if your family is arriving several weeks later.

Nationals of these countries do not need a visa for entry. For longer stays than three months, however, you need a residence permit. You can apply for this after entering Germany at the responsible foreigners authority in Germany.

You can find more information on applying for a residence permit under the menu item "First steps".

Visa Information

At the University of Kassel, international students and prospective students have the opportunity to obtain information on the topic of right of residence in Germany . Please understand that the University of Kassel has no influence on visa procedures in the home country.

Ms. Svetlana Winter

E-mail: visa-info[at]uni-kassel[dot]de

Phone number +561 804 2210
Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 13-15 h, room 2126