Moving in

Student Halls of Residence

If you are moving into student hall of residence, please go to the Studentenwerk office on Moritzstraße 18 - Campus Center, 3rd floor.

  • Mon to Fri: 10:00 - 12:00.

If you are arriving at a different time, please make an alternative appointment for moving in.

If you are living in a student hall of residence in Witzenhausen, please contact Mr Mentz to make an appointment for moving in.


Frau / Ms Marlies Otto

Address Moritzstr. 18 (3. Ebene)
Campus Center
Telephone +49 (0) 561 804-2572
Office Hours:

Mo, Do / Mon, Thu 10:00 – 12:00; Di, Mi / Tue, Wed 10:00 – 15:00


Herr / Mr Harald Mentz

Address Stubenstr. 20
37213 Witzenhausen
Telephone +49 (0) 5542 981-260
Office Hours:

Mo – Do / Mon - Thu 10:00 – 12:00

Starter Kits

In order to make your first few days in Kassel a little easier, the Student Services Organisation can provide you with a range of basic necessities, such as sheets, bed covers and pillows, cooking utensils and crockery. They can be bought when you arrive or in advance when you book your room. Further information can be found on the Student Services website.

Private accommondation

Arrange a date and time for moving in with your landlord or flatmates before you arrive. You should know your arrival time and have a telephone number on hand just in case you are delayed.

Alternatively, you can book a room in a youth hostel or in a hotel. This is important if you arrive late at night or at a time when it is not convenient for you to move into your flat.

Licence fee for general public access to radio and television

Every household has been required to pay a flat-rate licence fee for general public access to radio and TV since January 2013. The monthly amount is €17.98 and payment has to be made every three months. 

If you live in a shared flat, only one member of your flat has to pay the fee. The person paying the fee is then entitled to demand the respective share from his or her flat mates. Please take note that students receiving BAföG (state grant) can apply for exemption from this fee.

Further information on this issue can be found on the Student Services website.

Rental confirmation from landlord

When you move in, the landlord or owner must sign a so-called rental confirmation form ("Wohnungsgeberbestätigung"), which you will need to show when you register at the Citizens' Office. We recommend that you print the form and ask the landlord to sign it on the day that you move in.