Providing evidence of knowing the language for courses in English or English or American studies
This page contains automatically translated content.
Any students, who apply for a place on one of the joint degree options (bachelor’s degree or teaching degree) in English or English or American studies, must prove that they have the necessary knowledge of the language.
- English and American Culture and Business Studies / Anglistik, Amerikanistik und Wirtschaftswissenschaften
- Bachelor's degree program English and American Studies / Anglistik und Amerikanistik
- Partial courses of study in English for the teaching professions at elementary schools, secondary schools and grammar schools
- English as a teaching subject in the Bachelor's program in Business and Human Resource Education
- English as a teaching subject in the Bachelor's program in Vocational Education (Metal Technology/Electrical Technology/Health)
- Minor in English and American Studies / Anglistik und Amerikanistik
- Bachelor's degree program in International Language and Cultural Education / Elective Subject English
What counts as evidence of knowing the language?
The following prove that you have the necessary knowledge of the language.
Exception: The proof of language competence is not required for applicants who enroll for a maximum of two semesters in Kassel as exchange students of one of the partner universities of the Department of Humanities and Cultural Studies.
Lateral entry: Students who have already studied English or English or American Studies at another German university should contact Ms. Dancy (fiona.dancy[at]uni-kassel[dot]de) as early as possible to clarify whether and, if so, in what form they still have to provide proof of sufficient English language proficiency.
Make every effort to schedule a test appointment early (several months before enrollment). Some appointments may be in high demand, and after all, you will not get the result immediately. Use the practice material offered on the specified websites or in the university library to check and improve your language skills. Taking a language test without the required language skills is not advisable and causes unnecessary costs. If the Abitur grade is not sufficient or the school years are too long ago, it is unlikely that the language test to prove the required language competence can be passed without preparation.
No. The Articles of Association require at least 10 points. 9.75 is therefore not sufficient.
Yes, you still need to prove your language competence by taking a language test.
Unfortunately, the English grade in the Fachabitur can NOT be considered as proof of your language competence. Therefore, you still need to take a language test that we recognize.
No. Only the conditions mentioned in the statutes apply. You must either meet the high school graduation requirements or take one of the three named language tests. There are no exceptions.
Yes, you still have to prove your language competence by taking a language test if you want to enroll in the subject English or English or American Studies in Kassel.
Unfortunately no, you must meet the entry requirements for English / English Studies /American Studies and be enrolled in the subject before you can attend classes.
Who can help me?
Please read carefully the information given above about the admission requirements in English. The Registrar's Office will provide information about the deadlines that must be met. If you are a transfer student within Germany, please contact Ms. Dancy (fiona.dancy[at]uni-kassel[dot]de).