The content on this page was translated automatically.
The most important dates and offers for the start of studies
At the University of Kassel there is not the an introductory event. Rather, there is an extensive offer of different "Veranstalter:innen":
- On the one hand, the departments offer an official program. This type of introductory event is about the subject of study: What is this subject thematically about? Which majors are offered in Kassel? Which professors and subject areas determine the content? So: by all means attend and ask questions!
- For some (not all) courses and subjects we recommend participation in preliminary courses. Pre-courses are aimed at first-year students who would like to refresh their knowledge in certain subjects. The preliminary courses start before the introduction dates.
- Often the student councils also offer introductory courses. The student council is part of the student self-organization and deals with the specific questions of the students of a department. In terms of content, it deals with questions about the course of studies, the organization of the curriculum, the organization of learning and examinations. The student councils thus offer help with the question of how best to study this subject.
- In addition, there are "welcome events": First semester welcome, offers for students with children, offers for international students.
Dear first semester students,
Welcome to the University of Kassel and to the Department 02! In order to make the start of your studies a little easier, we are again offering a three-day student first semester introduction including a campus tour and joint timetable preparation. This introduction will take place from 10 to 12.10.23 from 10 a .m. to about 4 p.m. each day.
We will meet on the first day at 10 am in front of Diagonale 1, Campus Holländischer Platz and then go together to the room designated for the respective introduction.
- 1.part: Mönchebergstraße 7, lecture hall 400
- general introduction to the everyday life at the university with all new students of the subject,
- division into the study programs, short getting to know each other
- 2nd part: Campus Center, room 1134 (seminar room 6)
- campus tour
- creation of the university account
Wednesday 11.10.23 - Please bring laptop or tablet!
Location: Mönchebergstraße 7, room 0608
- Introduction to the platforms Moodle and eCampus
- Introduction to the module examination regulations(s)
- Creation of the timetable
- Campus rallye
Change: Start from 15:00
Location: Amphitheater behind Diagonale 1
- Clarification of open questions
- Common activities
Location: Mönchebergstraße 7, Room 0614
Lecturer: Céline Wieders-Lohéac
Introduction by the lecturers
We look forward to seeing you there!
Information booth of the General Student Advisory Service
16.-18.10.23, 09.45 - 12.30 h Campus Center, Foyer
Freshman consultation hour of the General Academic Advising
18.-19.10.23, 13.-16.00 h in Campus Center, 3rd floor, room 3109
Dear First Semester Students,
The winter semester 2023/24 begins and we are pleased to welcome you all personally to campus. To make your start into student life easier, I, the City of Kassel, the Studierendenwerk as well as the General Student Committee (AStA) and other important contact points would like to welcome you as first semester students at the University of Kassel. We therefore cordially invite you to participate in our freshman welcome on Wednesday, 18.10.23 at 5 p.m. in the Campus Center, Moritzstr. 18.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Prof. Dr. Ute Clement
President of the University of Kassel
Lecture period: 19.10.23 - 09.02.24
Lecture-free period: 23.12.23 up to and including 07.01.24
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Studierendenhaus, Erdgeschoss, Universitätsplatz 10, 34127 Kassel
The Autonomous Parents' Office invites you to:
The "Family Welcome Day" is an introductory event for students with child(ren) from all departments of the University of Kassel. On this day, we would like to explain and present to you the various offers regarding the compatibility of family and studies. Among other things, we will address counseling services, support measures in the area of studies and the family-supporting infrastructure (parent-child rooms, diaper-changing facilities, cafeteria services, etc.). Representatives of the Studierendenwerk Kassel (childcare and social counseling), the Family Welcome Services of the University of Kassel and also the hosts of the Autonomous Parents' Department of the AStA will be on site and introduce themselves. Of course there will be enough time for your questions! Children can of course be brought along. We are currently checking whether childcare can be offered in the immediate vicinity.
- 10:00 a.m. Open arrival and getting to know each other
- 10:30 a.m. Presentation: Studierendenwerk Kassel, Autonome Elternreferat, Family Welcome Service & Questions
- 11:30 a.m. Family-specific campus tour (Holländischer Platz campus)
- 12:30 p.m. Optional - Lunch together in the central cafeteria
We are looking forward to seeing you!
In the Studienlots:innen program, first-semester freshmen are accompanied by trained students from higher semesters on a professional and social level as they begin their studies. For more information, visit www.uni-kassel.de/go/studienlotsen.
The Service Center Studies and Disability has set itself the goal of supporting the university in its efforts to reduce barriers for students and promote the diversity of our student body by providing counseling for all students as well as employees and networking with other institutions.
Library introductions are offered for your department.
Please register for this under the event directory with your UniKasselAccount: https://portal.uni-kassel.de/qisserver/rds?state=wtree&search=1&trex=step&root120232=176344%7C230503%7C230533& P .vx=kurz
Campus Holländischer Platz, Kurt-Wolters-Straße 5
Go link of this page: www.uni-kassel.de/go/b_sprach_kulturvermittlung_studienbeginn