Application and admission
The content on this page was translated automatically.
Step by step guide
- Can I apply already?
The application deadline for this program can be found below the program description on the program home page.
- I open the website of the application portal "eCampus":
eCampus - Register Now
- I click on"Application" and then on"Registration".
- I enter my data and set a password.
- I receive an e-mail and click on the confirmation link in the e-mail.
The University of Kassel strongly recommends activating the email notification and logging into the application portal regularly.
- I open the website of the application portal "eCampus":
- I use a desktop PC or a laptop. The online application is not suitable for smartphones.
- I have scanned the necessary documents for the online application.
- I open the website of the application portal"eCampus":
- I log in again to the application portal "eCampus" with my user name and password.
- I click on the menu item"My studies" and then on"Study application".
Fill out the application:
- I select my desired degree in the online application.
- I fill out the online form and upload any relevant supporting documents. If I am unclear, I read the help texts next to the questions.
- I confirm that my data is complete and true and submit my application online by clicking on the "Submit Application" button. The online enrollment page opens.
- I go through the online enrollment process, uploading my portrait photo and providing health insurance information.
- I complete the enrollment and have my semester fee calculated.
- My application and application subject status are now set to "Enrollment applied".
- I transfer the semester fee.
Fees are charged for your studies every semester (administrative fee, student union, semester ticket, AStA). You will find the exact amount, the payment deadline and the details for the transfer in the application for enrollment. Further information is also available here: Semesterbeitrag
- As soon as my enrollment has been processed by the Student Secretariat, I will receive an e-mail indicating the change in status of my application. I can then find more detailed information in the application overview in eCampus. (The University of Kassel strongly recommends activating the e-mail notification and logging into the application portal regularly).
- If my application and application box status changes from "Enrollment applied for" to "Enrollment in progress", my enrollment is incomplete. I can see which documents and information are missing in my application overview in eCampus.
- If my status changes to "Enrolled", my enrollment is complete.
What do the different status messages in eCampus mean? You can find explanations under eCampus Status Message.
- I receive a welcome email with important data.
For a successful start to your studies, we will familiarize you with three important terms: Matriculation Number, UniAccount and CampusCard.
This is your personal identification number. It is printed on your student ID card (=CampusCard) and is required, for example, for exam registrations or certificates.
The UniAccount is your user ID for the various online services of the university, e.g. the WLAN, and is linked to a university e-mail address. After activation, all communication from the university goes through this e-mail address. Please activate your UniAccount promptly.
We will send your CampusCard to the address stored in eCampus. It is an important part of your everyday study life at the University of Kassel. It is used as a student ID and semester ticket, as a library card, as an electronic purse for paying in the cafeteria and as a cultural ticket.
- I will receive the CampusCard by mail as soon as I have transferred my semester fee.
The CampusCard is your student ID for the entire duration of your studies. It is also your semester ticket and has other functions: Library card, culture ticket, payment card in the refectory, copy card, etc. For more information, click here: CampusCard
- I inform myself on the subpage"Introduction and Start of Studies - Important Dates" .
- I visit the introductory events in the first week of the semester (before the regular start of lectures) and inform myself about the creation of the timetable. Only then do I create my own timetable.
In the introductory events, the central questions about the structure of the study program are answered. Here you will find tips and information about the organization of your studies and the course of your studies. The timetables are drawn up during this time. And you will already get to know your future fellow students and the campus. So: be sure to come!
Here you can find the semester times of the University of Kassel: Semester- und Lehrveranstaltungszeiten
- I inform myself on the subpage"Introduction and start of studies - Before the studies" about how I can prepare myself for the studies.
Status messages in eCampus
- In preparation: The application process has been started, but not yet submitted digitally.
- Digitally received: The application has been submitted digitally in eCampus.
- In progress: Your application is currently being reviewed. If you sent your application by mail, it has been received.
- provisionally excluded: Documents are still missing (e.g. credit for higher semester).
- excluded: Your application has been reviewed and cannot be considered.
- valid: Your application has been reviewed and is participating in the application process.
- Offer of admission has been made*: You have been offered a place on this course.
- Admission currently not possible: You have currently not been offered a study place for this subject. Your application will be taken into account for a possible subsequent procedure.
- rejected: Unfortunately, you have not received a place for this subject.
- admitted*: This subject is free of admission. You can now accept the study place.
- Deadline exceeded: You did not accept your study offer within the deadline.
*You have a combination that can be studied directly if the status of all subjects is "offer of admission has been made" or "admitted".
If you have not received an offer of admission for all subjects in your teacher education program, you must submit a new application. In this application you can choose all subjects without admission but also all NC subjects for which an offer of admission exists.
Note on the study program "Lehramt an Grundschule":
Here, the study program as a whole is subject to admission restrictions. However, the technical procedure currently only allows us to map the restriction on the basis of one subject. For this degree program, it is the compulsory subject "Core Studies". If you have not been admitted to this subject, this applies to the entire degree program. In the rejection notice, you will - also for technical reasons - only be informed about the rejection of the admission-restricted subject Core Studies.
DoSV study programs: As soon as you have accepted an offer of admission, you will be eliminated from the current procedure along with all other applications and will receive a notice of admission.
An offer of admission is reservatory in nature. If you would rather continue to wait to receive another offer of admission for a degree program you have given higher priority to, you may do so. If no higher priority admission offer can be made to you, you can fall back on the existing admission offer. You will then also receive a letter of admission.
- Enrollmentapplied for: Application has been submitted digitally in eCampus.
- Enrollmentin progress: Paper application has been received and is being processed.
- Enrolled: You have been successfully enrolled.
- Enrollmentdenied: There were irrefutable barriers. You cannot be enrolled.