Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H) - Department of Mathematics - Stochastics
deadline for submission:
start of recruitment :
as soon as possible
Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H), fixed-term, part-time (currently 30 hours per week)
Part-time with 75% of the regular working hours of a full-time employee. This is a fixed-term position for 3 years with the possibility of extending the contract for further 2 years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG). The opportunity for a PhD is given.
Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H), fixed-term, full-time (currently 40 hours per week)
This is a full-time PostDoc position in a 3 year fixed-term employment, with the possibility of extending the contract for further three years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG). The opportunity for habilitation is given.
- assistance in research and teaching of the subject area
- independent research in the context of the following fields: stochastic analysis, theory and numerical analysis of stochastic (partial) differential equations, statistics of stochastic processes, (partial) differential equations with random coefficients, uncertainty quantification
- Master-degree in Mathematics or a related discipline (by the time the position starts)
- in case of the full-time PostDoc position: additionally a PhD in mathematics
- advanced knowledge in probability theory
- pedagogic aptitude
- interest in interdisciplinary research cooperations, e.g., with engineering research groups
- advanced knowledge in one of the fields mentioned above
- advanced knowledge in analysis, numerical analysis, statistics
- experience in programming, e.g., MATLAB, R
- very good organizational and communication skills
- very good command of English
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Felix Lindner, Tel.: 0561-804-4349, E-Mail: email@example.com.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us, so we will handle your personal data with care. By your application, you allow us to store and use your data in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
The University of Kassel is an equal opportunity employer and aims at a clear increase of the proportion of women in research and teaching. Qualified women are therefore expressly requested to apply. Under the precondition of equal qualification, disabled persons will be preferred. Applications, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number.