Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H) - Technological Physics - Nano Optics group
Deadline for submission:
start of recruitment :
|as soon as possible|
Applications to :
Part-time, with half of the regular working hours of a full time position, employment is in the context of the BMBF Project Q.Link.X (Quantum Link Extended). This is a fixed term-position till the end of the project (§ 2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG).
- molecular beam epitaxy growth of high quality InP-based quantum dots for telecom wavelengths
- Integration of QDs in diode and cavity structures
- optical and structural characterization of the grown and fabricated structures
- the goal is to achieve high quality single QDs emitting around 1.55 µm for quantum communication applications. This work will be in close collaboration with other project partners
- Candidates are expected to hold a Master degree in physics, and/or nanoscience, and/or electrical engineering
- outstanding academic record with background in solid state physics and semiconductor-based nanostructures
- good written and spoken English
Of advantage will be:
- Knowledge of QD growth and processing of nanostructures
- previous research experience in optical characterization
- Team working style
For further information please contact Priv.-Doz. Dr. Mohamed Benyoucef, Tel.: 0561-804-4553, E-Mail: email@example.com.
The University of Kassel is an equal opportunity employer and aims at a clear increase of the proportion of women in research and teaching. Qualified women are therefore expressly requested to apply. Under the precondition of equal qualification, disabled persons will be preferred. Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number.