Research Assistant (m/f/d), salary level EG 13 TV-H - Systematics and Morphology of Plants
deadline for submission:
start of recruitment :
as soon as possible
Part-time position, 65 % of a full-time employee. This is a fixed term-position for three years (§ 2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG) within the project „Spatial-temporal evolution of Macaranga ant-plant lineages (Euphorbiaceae) in Southeast Asia“, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), opportunity for PhD project.
- Participation in the above-mentioned project
- Computer-based analysis of next-generation-sequencing data (genotyping-by-sequencing, SNP mining)
- Phylogenetic and phylogeographic data analysis
- Cooperation with scientists in Germany and abroad
- Writing scientific publications for international peer-reviewed journals
- Completed MSc degree or equivalent in biology / molecular systematics / evolutionary biology or a related field
- Good knowledge/experience in molecular systematic methods
- Strong interest (ideally with prior experience) in bioinformatics and evolutionary genetics
- Willingness to perform computer-based analyses of large data sets, including the use of cluster computers
- Interest in tropical ecosystems
- High motivation and ability to work in a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge in the analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Experience with Linux, R, Python
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Knowledge of German language
For further information please contact Dr. Daniela Guicking, Tel.: 0049-(0)561-804-4170, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us, so we will handle your personal data with care. By your application, you allow us to store and use your data in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will then be deleted.
The University of Kassel is an equal opportunity employer and aims at a clear increase of the proportion of women in research and teaching. Qualified women are therefore expressly requested to apply. Under the precondition of equal qualification, disabled persons will be preferred. Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number in the subject.