Master thesis: Migrating Network Generator to Python
Achieving climate protection goals in terms of the heating transition requires higher renovation rates as well as the installation of new heating technology. In order to identify beneficial conditions for according investments we also represent the social network within an agent-based modelling (ABM) of individual decisions.
- Ongoing studies in computer science with good programming skills in python and/or Java
- Interest in agent-based modelling
- Preference to understand, implement and test an innovative network modelling component
- Proactivity, capacity for teamwork, and good communication skills
- Good knowledge of German and/or English (both orally and written)
You may expect
The section “Integrated Energy Systems“ explores the transition of current energy systems with three research foci: energy economics and decision support, coordination and communication, as well as wind energy.
The group Communication and Coordination in the Energy System (COOKIES) develops and applies agent-based models to analyse individual investment decisions. This enables investigations about the impact of changes in the regulatory framework and other measures on dynamics of acceptance and investments of individual actors and their interaction.
Working at the section means profiting from the diverse expertise of an engaged team and access to the Fraunhofer IEE, with which we cooperate.
- Introduction to the conception and function of an innovative network generator to model dynamic social network relations
- Developing a concept to migrate and integrate existing Java code to the python-based ABM-framework Mesa and according implementation
- Testing of the implementation with existing agent-based models
- Adaptation of existing documentation