NEW ⎮ Research Position
Parttime with 75% of the regular working time of a fulltime employee. The position is initially limited to 24 months within the framework of the project "Wood particle manufactured, recyclable components with high degrees of curvature" funded by the "Zukunft Bau" research initiative. Start date is october 2021.
We will investigate additive and subtractive design and fabrication methods using sustainable material and binder systems based on waste wood particles for integration as a building material in the construction industry.
Your research responsibilities will be:
- Material development
- Sample production
- Test procedure. Sample testing and evaluation
- Cooperation and collaboration with experts
- Planning of large-scale prototypes (digital and analogue)
- Implementation of sustainable material systems with the help of digital production methods (additive and subtractive)
Advantageous but not mandatory:
- Knowledge in scripting / programming (e.g. Python, C)
- Knowledge of simulation techniques, topology optimisation
- Previous knowledge in robotic fabrication
- Practical/hands-on approach to implementing physical prototypes
- Experience in materials research and handling wood particles
- Solid german knowledge in word and writing
- Applications from all disciplines are welcome
We are a young, international and interdisciplinary team with a focus on sustainable materials and digital process engineering. We possess our own production halls and research laboratories and offer you a self-determined and independent way of researching.
There are teaching, promotion and phd opportunities.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and portfolio (max 10MB) to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel[dot]de.
Please state the following reference number: 34352