International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD)
The International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD) is a global multidisciplinary network of nine partner universities on four continents with its head office at the University of Kassel (Germany). The organisaiton cooperates closely with the International Labour Organization (ILO) and various non-governmental organizations.
The main mission of ICDD is to contribute to the global fight against hunger and poverty through research and education on Sustainable Development Goal 8 with a special focus on the world’s 805 million people living in rural areas, who face grave food insecurity.
Therefore, ICDD aspires to generate knowledge, build partnerships, and carry out research around several core clusters. The focus is on decent work agenda, sustainable economic growth and employment for all people. Through teaching courses in the English language, ICDD also aims to nurture academic capacities in the field of development cooperation.
Find out more about us here.
- ICDD Working Paper No. 35:
The rational of minimum wages (by Hansjörg Herr)
- Book supported by the ICDD:
Regime Change in Turkey: Neoliberal Authoritarianism, Islamism and Hegemony (edited by Babacan, E.; Kutun, M.; Pınar, E.; Yılmaz, Z.)
- Book from the ICDD network:
Labour Questions in the Global South (edited by Jha, P., Chambati, W., & Ossome, L.)
- Broadening the Variegated Capitalism Research Program: Perspectives of China's New Normal (by Alexander Chen)
- COVID-19, Migrant Labour and Re/Productive Finance in India (by Anil Shah)
- Debating Capitalisms in Asia: Discussion among Anil Shah, Alexander Chen and Xiao Alvin Yang