International students

The content on this page was translated automatically.

International students (including Erasmus students) can take Sprachpraxis (language) courses in the Institute for English and American Studies if they are registered in Fachbereich 02 and:

  • are studying English as their main degree program.


  • are registered as "Germanistik Austausch" or "Fremdsprachen" and come from universities in Italy, France, or Spain.

International students can only take English 2 courses. They must also take a placement test.


The placement test for our courses in the summer semester 2024 will take place online via Moodle. Please download the document below for more information and how to register.

The placement test is ONLY for students wanting to take language courses in the Institute for English/American Studies
It is NOT the test for English courses at the Language Centre(Sprachenzentrum).


For support during your stay in Kassel or general information check out the following links: