Health Insurance & Public Registration

As an international student of the University of Kassel you must register not only with our university student service but with the public authorities as well. For the latter, you will find a representative of the Federal Immigration Office once a week in our International Office. So, it‘s most convenient to accomplish the public registration when meeting with our International Office employees.
The following information is required for your public registration:

  • student registration at the University of Kassel
  • residence permit as student of the University of Kassel
  • address of your residence
  • health insurance

Please check ahead of time whether your home health insurance is valid to cover medical treatment in Germany. Most international students use a local student health insurance for that purpose.