Md. Rezaul Karim (M.Sc.)
- Steinstr. 19
- Kloster, 1128
Md. Rezaul Karim is PhD research student at the Section of International Agricultural Policy and Environmental Governance. He has completed graduation in Agricultural Sciences and Master of Science in Agricultural Extension Education from Bangladesh Agricultural University. He also achieved the Erasmus Mundus International Master of Science in Rural Development (IMRD) from the partner Universities of Europe. His research areas mainly focus on climate change adaptation and sustainable agricultural development. He published his research findings both national (15 research articles) and international (6 research articles) peer review journals including 2 book chapters and a case study report. Professionally, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Agricultural Extension at Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University (HSTU), Dinajpur, Bangladesh.
PhD Research Abstract
Title: Institutional Analysis of Ecofriendly Governance for Sustainable Agriculture and Livelihood
Although climate change vulnerability is major issue in Bangladesh, but the country is also facing land degradation challenges due to excess use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and having low organic matter content. Polycentricity approach connotes a complex form of governance with multiple centers of semi-autonomous decision-making. The aim of this research is to make an institutional analysis of ecofriendly governance applying polycentric governance approach. The proposed research project will apply a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods. Different techniques like content analysis, focus group discussion and semi-structured questionnaire survey will be used for data collection. The outcome of this research will develop a more precise understanding of polycentric governance approach in applying to existing ecofriendly governance. The long-term benefit of introducing of innovative technology is aimed to improve sustainable agriculture, livelihood and foster community commerce.
A. Journal papers
- Karim, M.R., 2018. Prospects of Organic Farming for Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change Mitigation in Bangladesh. SciFed Journal of Global Warming, 2(2): 1-10.
- Karim, M.R., and N. Muhammad. 2018. Determinants of Rural Migration and Its Influences on Agricultural Labour in Northern Bangladesh. Bangladesh Rural Development Studies. 22 (1): 73-85.
- Karim, M.R., and A. Thiel. 2017. Role of Community Based Local Institution for Climate Change Adaptation in Teesta Riverine Area of Bangladesh. Climate Risk Management, 17: 92-103.
- Karim, M.R. N. Muhammad, D. S. Anne, B. Narayanarao. 2017. Poverty, Climate Change Challenges and Coping Strategies of SmallScale Farm Household. International Journal of Agricultural Extension, 5(1): 87-96.
- Karim, M.R., D. Ampony, N. Muhammad, M.R.F. Noman and M.S. Rahman. 2017. Factors Affecting Adoption of Local Adaptation Options to Climate Change Vulnerability. Journal of Science and Technology. 16: 1-8.
- Rahman, M.S., S.K. Chawdhury, M.F. Hasan, M.R. Karim and M.H.A. Amin. 2017. Farmers Attitude towards Pariza Rice Cultivation in Nilphamari District. Journal of Science and Technology. 16: 20-24.
- Rahman, M.S., M. Kamal, M.A.S. Mondol, M.R. Karim and M.R.F. Noman. 2016. Decision Making of Rural Women in Homestead Agricultural Activities. Journal of Science and Technology. 14: 42-47.
- Karim, M.R. and M.E.B. Ateh. 2016. Analyzing the Sufficiency of Adaptation Options in Combating Climate Vulnerability in Bangladesh. Archives of Current Research International, 6(2): 1-13.
- Sufian, H.M.A., M. R. Karim, M.A.S. Mondol, M.S. Rahman and N. Muhammad. 2016. Participation of the Saotal Farmers in Agricultural Activities of CARITAS in Dinajpur District of Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 9(3): 1-10.
- Amin M.R., S. Huda, M.R. Karim, A.M. Molla, N. Muhammad, and M.R.F. Noman. 2016. Effect of Microcredit on Social Empowerment of the ASA Women Beneficiaries. Indian Journal of Social Research, 57 (5): 637-652.
- Karim, M.R., M.S. Rahman, H. Jamil, and M.R.F. Noman. 2014. Farmer's Attitude towards Aromatic Rice Cultivation as an Indigenous Practice. Journal of Science and Technology, 12: 81-84.
- Rahman, M.S., M.R. Karim, H. Jamil, and M.R.F. Noman. 2014. Problems of Rearing Livestock in Chirirbandar Upazila under Dinajpur District. Journal of Science and Technology, 12: 90-93.
- Roy, R.N. M.S. Rahman. M.R. Karim and M.R.F. Noman. 2012. Present Situation of Floating Bed Agriculture in Gopalgonj District. Journal of Science and Technology, 9& 10: 153-158.
- Karim, M.R., M.S. Rahman, S. Huda, M.R.F. Noman and M.H.A. Amin. 2011. Adoption of Technological Innovations among the Pond Owners for Ensuring Food Security. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal. 6 (2): 192-197.
- Karim, M.R., M.Z. Rahman and M.A. Kashem. 2011. Technological Knowledge of Farmers on Quality Seed Production as Means to Bridging the Gaps in Food Crisis. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal. 6 (2): 198-204.
- Parvin, S., M.S. Rahman, S. Huda, M.R. Karim and M.R.F. Noman. 2011. Customers Preference towards Rural Development Scheme and Banking Products of IBBL. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal, 6 (2): 136-143.
- Rahman, M.S., M.R. Karim, S.M. Syem, S. Huda and M.A.S. Mondol. 2010. Farmersâ€™ Attitude towards Winter Vegetables Cultivation for Their Sustainable Livelihood Improvement. Journal of Science and Technology, 8: 53-58.
- Rahman, M.S., M.R. Karim, M.F. Hasan, S. Huda and M.A. Hossain. 2010. Preference of Farmers on Radio Programs and Their Effectiveness in the Dissemination of Agricultural Information. Journal of Science and Technology, 8: 209-212.
- Kundu, K.K., M.R. Karim, S. Parvin, A.S.M. Amanullah and A.S.M.Ahsanullah. 2010. Factors Associated with the Extent of Vegetable Production Activities in Homestead Area by the Women Members under World Vision Project. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal. 4 (1): 24-30.
- Hoque, F.A., M.A.Islam, M.R. Karim, M.S.Islam and M.S.Rana. 2009. Increasement of Soil Nutrient Status in Rice Cultivated Areas of Bangladesh Trough In Situ Composoting. Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Science. 16: 101-10.
- Karim, M.R., M.Z.Rahman and M.A.Kashem. 2009. Farmers’ Perception of Quality and Marketing System of RDRS Seed. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education, 21(1&2):73-81.
B. Conference Papers
- Karim, M.R. 2018. Determinants of Rural Migration and Its Influences on Agricultural Labour. International Conference on Research and Extension for Sustainable Rural Development Jointly Organized by Bangladesh Agricultural Extension Society (BAES) and Rural Development Academy (RDA), 15-16 February, 2018, (Session Organizer), RDA, Bogura, Bangladesh and obtained certificate for successful paper presentation
C. Book Chapter
- Karim, M.R. 2018. Effectiveness of Agricultural Extension System in the Implementation of Relevant Policies of Bangladesh. In: Alam, M.K. (Ed.). Bangladesh: Economic, Political and Social Issues. New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Karim, M.R. 2018. Prospects of Biochar for Clean Energy, Organic Farming and Climate Change Mitigation in Northern Bangladesh. In: Paredes, R. (Ed.). A Closer Look at Climate Change. New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
D. Case Study Report:
- Bumah A.M.E., Benyei P., Cangonja A., Giallombardo C.A., Karim M.R., Narayanarao B., and Rodriguez K.. 2014. Ex-Post Evaluation of LEADER Approach Delivery, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra.