Transportation Planning and Traffic Systems
The content on this page was translated automatically.
Welcome to our website
The department "Traffic Planning and Traffic Systems" in the Department of Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering is part of the Institute of Transportation at the University of Kassel.
Founded on 01 October 1988, the department has been under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Carsten Sommer since May 2010.
The department represents the two intermodal disciplines Integrated Transport Planning and Road Design as well as the topic Public Transport in teaching and research.
The main research areas are:
- Integrated Transportation Planning,
- Public transport systems and
- Transport Economics.
Research methods and core competencies are:
- Obtaining and analyzing transportation demand data,
- models for mapping cause-effect relationships in passenger transport (transport demand models) and
- Development, enhancement and application of planning methods.