The General policy for data privacy of the Kassel University applies. In addition, Kassel University Library is counting virtual visits to the following web pages (including all sub-pages):
Our website uses the measurement system ("SZMnG") of INFOnline GmbH to determine statistical parameters about the use of our services. The aim of the usage measurement is to statistically determine the number of visits to our websites, the number of website visitors and their surfing behaviour - on the basis of a uniform standard procedure - and thus to obtain market-wide comparable values.
1. Legal basis for processing data
The measurement by means of the SZMnG measurement system by INFOnline GmbH is carried out with a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
The purpose of the processing of personal data is to generate statistics. These statistics serve to be able to track and document the use of our services. Our legitimate interest results from the economic usability of the findings resulting from the statistics and the market value of our website - also in direct comparison with third-party websites - which can be determined on the basis of the statistics.
In addition, we have a legitimate interest in making the pseudonymised data available to INFOnline GmbH and the University Library Centre of North Rhine-Westphalia (hbz) for statistical purposes.
2. Type of data
INFOnline GmbH collects the following data which, according to the DSGVO, have a personal reference:
- IP address: On the Internet, every device requires a unique address, the so-called IP address, in order to transmit data. The storage of the IP address, at least for a short period of time, is technically necessary due to the way the Internet works. The IP addresses are shortened by 1 byte before any processing and are only processed anonymously. Untruncated IP addresses are not stored or further processed.
- A randomly generated client identifier: The usage measurement alternatively uses either a third-party cookie, a first-party cookie, a "local storage object" or a signature created from various automatically transmitted information from your browser to recognise computer systems. This identifier is unique to a browser as long as the cookie or local storage object is not deleted. Measurement of the data and subsequent assignment to the respective client identifier is therefore also possible if you call up other websites that also use the measurement system ("SZMnG") of INFOnline GmbH.
The validity of the cookie is limited to a maximum of 1 year.
3. Use of data
The INFOnline GmbH measurement system used on this website collects usage data. This is done in order to collect the performance values page impressions, visits and clients. In addition, the measured data is used as follows:
- A so-called geolocalization, i.e. the allocation of a website access to the location of the access, is carried out exclusively on the basis of the anonymised IP address and only up to the geographical level of the federal states / regions. Under no circumstances can conclusions be drawn about the specific location of a user from the geographical information obtained in this way.
4. Storage period of data
The complete IP address is not stored by INFOnline GmbH. The shortened IP address is stored for a maximum of 60 days. The usage data in connection with the unique identifier will be stored for a maximum of 6 months.
5. Disclosure of data
The IP address as well as the shortened IP address will not be passed on.
6. Rights of persons concerned
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information (Art. 15 DSGVO)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 DSGVO)
- Right to object (Art. 21 DSGVO)
- Right to deletion (Art. 17 DSGVO)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18f. DSGVO)
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 DSGVO)
For requests of this kind, please contact info[at]bibliothek.uni-kassel[dot]de. Please note that in the case of such requests, we must ensure that you are actually the data subject.
Right of objection
If you do not wish to participate in the measurement, you can object under the following link: https://optout.ioam.de
In order to guarantee an exclusion from the measurement, it is technically necessary to set a cookie. Should you delete the cookies in your browser, it is necessary to repeat the opt-out process under the above link.