Theses in the Unit of Theory and Methodology of Counseling
Please inform yourself about our main research areas on our subject area page.
If you are interested, please contact us as soon as possible, indicating your area of interest. Basically, we decide on a supervision depending on capacity and thematic fit.
You can find an overview of the process here
Depending on the course of study and examination regulations, there may be special requirements, e.g. whether registration takes place on fixed dates or by individual agreement.
Requirements for the final thesis
- The final thesis has an empirical part (qualitative/ quantitative/ SLR)
- No term paper or similar must have been previously written in the department, we decide on the supervision (including capacity and thematic fit)
- The thesis can be written in conjunction with a company after consultation with us.
- The exact topic depends on the agreement with us; in some cases there are announcements on the department website.
Possible topics for your thesis are:
- The question of the effect, effective factors and modes of action of counseling procedures and formats, such as psychotherapy and work-related counseling (especially supervision and coaching)
- Research in the training market and on the training of counselors (including professional and personal competence development)
- Sustainable organizational development
- Diversity in organizations
- Constructive handling of negative feedback, mindfulness, mental health and self-worth in the world of work
Other topics are possible after consultation with the respective supervisors.
Possible questions here could be, for example:
- How is negative feedback experienced in the workplace?
- What influence does negative feedback have on mental health?
- What influence does mindfulness have on the perception of and reaction to (negative) feedback?
- How effective is mindfulness compared to alternative treatments in dealing (constructively) with negative feedback?
- What is the role of self-worth and self-worth contingencies in (constructively) dealing with negative feedback?
- On what do people base their self-worth at work (e.g., performance, recognition) and how does this affect their mental health?