Theses in the Department of Theory and Methodology of Counseling
Procedure regarding a possible thesis
Please inform yourself about our main research areas on our research page.
If you are interested, please contact us as soon as possible, indicating your area of interest. We decide on a supervision depending on capacity and thematic fit.
You can find an overview of the process here
Depending on the course of study and examination regulations, there may be special requirements, e.g. whether registration takes place on fixed dates or by individual agreement.
Requirements for the final thesis
- The final thesis has an empirical part (qualitative/ quantitative/ SLR)
- No previous term paper or similar must have been written in the department, we decide on the supervision (including capacity and thematic fit)
- The thesis can be written in conjunction with a company after consultation with us.
- The exact topic depends on the agreement with us; in some cases there are announcements on the department website.
Possible topics for your thesis are:
- The question of the effect, effective factors and modes of action of counseling procedures and formats, such as psychotherapy and work-related counseling (especially supervision and coaching)
- Research in the training market and on the training of counselors (including professional and personal competence development)
- Sustainable organizational development
- Diversity in organizations
- Constructive handling of negative feedback, mindfulness, mental health and self-worth in the world of work
Other topics are possible after consultation with the respective supervisors.