Literaturwissenschaft Anglistik und Amerikanistik
Aktuelle Informationen zum Semester
As long as we can’t sit in the same room, the rules of the game in Literary Studies (including dates for our first meeting) have changed. In the meantime, please be advised of the following regulations:
- Attendance: please decide early on if you can’t take the workload of any given course and drop out to make room for others. The old rules for seminars (25 students max per PS or Uebung, 35 per HS, from the 3rd week) still apply, as your instructors have only limited time.
- Course material: use the time before we get together online or „in the flesh“ for extensive and intensive reading. First get hold of books and texts; some will be placed on Moodle, others will have to be bought or borrowed, as stipulated in the course descriptions.
- Enrolment: register via HIS-LSF so your instructor can communicate with you. You will receive a password for each moodle course. There you will find further instructions as re homework, and texts.
- Coursework: alas, for a while we won’t be able to hold discussions as we know them. Instead, your instructor will give you tasks to work on, apart from the initial reading (see course descriptions). If we won’t see each other within the first few weeks of the semester, your instructor may later ask you to hand in your written responses, e.g. as a portfolio, to be able to acknowledge your work („Studienleistungen“). Research papers will be negotiated individually, as usual. We are available online and/or by phone.
- Questions: don't wait to ask them. We try to be helpful, if only via email or other socially distanced means.
- Learning by doing: this essential method applies to you as much as to us. Keep cool and carry on!