M.Sc. Marcel Lumkowsky
Phone: +49 561 804-7078
Visitor address: Untere Königsstraße 71, 34117 Kassel
Postal address: Nora-Platiel-Str. 4, 34109 Kassel
Marcel Lumkowsky is a Research Fellow and doctoral candidate at the Chair of Environmental and Behavioral Economics since September 2018. He previously completed his master degree in Environmental and Resource Economics at the University of Kiel and his bachelor degree in Economics at Leuphana University Lüneburg. During his studies he was employed as a student assistant at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, the Berlin Social Science Center, and the Institute of Economics at Leuphana University Lüneburg. His research interest lies in the role of institutions in solving cooperation problems. As part of the COMPLIANCE project, he is investigating how the institutional arrangements of the Paris Agreement contribute to combating global climate change. In his research, he works with online and laboratory experiments as well as empirical analysis of survey data.
- Lumkowsky, Marcel, Emily K. Carlton, David G. Victor, Astrid Dannenberg (2023) Determining the willingness to link climate and trade policy, Climatic Change 176(10), 133
- Dannenberg, Astrid, Marcel Lumkowsky, Emily K. Carlton, David G. Victor (2023) Naming and Shaming as a Strategy for Enforcing the Paris Agreement: The Role of Political Institutions and Public Concern, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 120(40), e2305075120
- Victor, David G., Marcel Lumkowsky, Astrid Dannenberg (2022) Determining the credibility of commitments in international climate policy, Nature Climate Change 12(9), 793-800
- Vasconcelos, Vítor V., Sara M. Constantino, Astrid Dannenberg, Marcel Lumkowsky, Elke Weber, Simon Levin (2021) Segregation and Clustering of Preferences Erode Socially Beneficial Coordination, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 118(50), e2102153118
Further publications (not peer-reviewed)
- Pittel, Karen, Franziska Holz, Sonja Peterson, Dawud Ansari, Carlo Gallier, Achim Hagen, Marcel Lumkowsky, Donia Mahabadi, Angelika Vogt, Marie-Theres von Schickfus (2021) Chances and Obstacles to Strengthening the Paris Agreement – The Case of Resource-Rich Countries, Background Paper Forum Climate Economics 9
- Dannenberg, Astrid, Gunnar Gutsche, Marlene Batzke, Sven Christens, Daniel Engler, Fabian Mankat, Sophia Möller, Eva Weingärtner, Andreas Ernst, Marcel Lumkowsky, Georg von Wangenheim, Gerrit Hornung, Andreas Ziegler (2022) The Effects of Norms on Environmental Behavior, MAGKS Joint Discussion Paper Series in Economics.