Methods of Nanostructure Analysis
Crystal structure analysis, mass spectrometry, NMR spectroscopy, ESR-, circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy, Microscopy, Scanning atomic force microscopy, Scanning tunneling microscpy.
- have acquired a thorough knowledge about modern spectroscopic and analytical methods.
- know the physical and device-related background of the analytical techniques.
- know the appropriate instrumental applications for investigations on inorganic and organic materials as well as nano scale structured surfaces.
- learn the advantages and disadvantages of each methods.
- are able to conduct fundamental analytical characterization methods for their own chemical research work.
The lecture scripts and exercises as well as further information on the lecture can be found in the Moodle course for the according semester.
Please note: the lecture takes place every winter semester. The Moodle course is sorted first by semester and then by lecture courses. It is recommended to print the slides in black and white als they contain lots of color images.