DFG Research Unit FOR2432/2 (copy 1)
Partner institutions in India:
- UASB - University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- NIANP - National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore
- ATREE - Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment, Bangalore
- ISEC - Institute of Socio-Economic Change, Bangalore
- IIST - Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Trivandrum
- IWST - Institute of Wood Science and Technology, Bangalore
- APU - Azim Premji University, Bangalore
Partner collaborative project:
The Rural-Urban Interface of Bangalore: A space of Transitions in Agriculture, Economics, and Society
Funding agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India
(1) How do agricultural production systems and household structures change at different stages of urbanisation?
(2) How does urban expansion affect the ability of regional ecosystems to provide food and other ecosystem services?
(3) How do exchange processes between agroecosystems, producers and consumers, or different social groups change as urbanisation advances?
(4) How do social and ecological systems interact where rural and urban livelihoods, traditions, aspirations, and forms of land use clash?
These research questions lead to the General Hypotheses which guide the work in Clusters A, B, and C.