Internal loan service
An internal loan service is operating between the six library sites. Borrowable items can be requested online from all other sites to one's own pick-up location. This service is usually free of charge. Please use the Request link in the holdings information of the respective item in the KARLA catalogue portal.
- A maximum of ten requests per day and per user will be processed.
- Items on loan cannot be requested. Please use the Reserve this link instead.
- Requests for holdings of your pick-up location will be rejected unless they are on items in closed stacks.
- Requests do not immediately appear in your KARLA user account. The items have to be pre-booked first.
- Requested items will usually stay available on the pick-up shelves at your library site for five days. Please refer to your pick-up notification for the exact date.
- Journal article requests by members of Kassel University will be sent as a PDF and free of charge. For all other users there will be costs of 0.15 € per page to be paid by CampusCard upon collection.