The research focus of the institute is on methods for analyzing, controlling, and optimizing systems for which mathematical models with at least one of the following characteristics are suitable:
- mixed continuous-discrete (hybrid) dynamics,
- distributed structure with components for communication,
- hierarchical setting with multiple decision layers,
- dynamics with uncertainties and time-variance,
- components of learning and artificial intelligence.
For validating the developed methods, predominantly applications from the domains of autonomous vehicles, robotics, power systems, production, and biological systems are considered.